Saturday, October 17, 2009

What a Friday...

What an eventful Friday yesterday, it was so eventful, in fact, that I didn't even have a chance to blog about it last night!

Why didn't I have a chance to blog about it? Well, when Steph and I took Mollie and Ryder out for their evening walk to the park, Ryder had a tough time squeezing out his grumpy. Seriously, the poor guy was squatting for around five minutes, and that's like 35 minutes in puppy time (x7, right?!). Well, he had some of the stinky stuff stuck in his hair and he was not happy about that.

When we got them back to the house, we walked Ryd up to the tub for some scrub-a-dub.

Usually, this is a painless five minute process - he doesn't particularly enjoy it, but he knows we are providing him with a valuable service, so he usually just sucks it up.

Not last night. Last night, Ryder-boy was squirming around in the water, splashing and trying like hell to get out. This would be manageable if the water was just soapy.

But no, it was filled with poop-scraps.

After this 20 minute ordeal, I was covered in water, Steph was covered in water, it was gross.

And, one thing I failed to mention is my inability to stomach the foul smells of a strong deuce.

I was in a foul mood after this. I gotta hand it to Steph, though, she was a trooper - she always is!

After that, we watched My Best Friend's Girl, and as usual, Steph fell asleep maybe 30 minutes into the flick, while I watched the entire show.

Weird.

The highlights of the day were three real-life Seinfeld/Curb moments, so I'll leave this posting with them, in sequence:

Scenario 1 - awkward moment in public
In the morning, I'm heading to Caribou, didn't look for the best parking spot in the lot, just found one quickly and conveniently and parked. Wasn't in a hurry, so wasn't rushing into the building.

As I'm walking through the lot, an SUV races to a front row spot, driving literally right in front of me. The guy definitely saw that I was walking towards the "Bou" before him, but his spot allowed him to get out of his vehicle and make his way towards the entrance before me.

He gets to the door a few steps ahead of me, opens it, and in an anti-Seinfeld/Curb fashion, he allows me to go first. Pretty "Minnesota-Nice" if you ask me.

When we get into the store, the barista offers to help the next in line, the only two waiting were the two of us.

Here's the awkward part. What do I do? Do I let him go first since he was courteous by opening the door for me? Or did he open the door for me because he saw me walking through the lot and though I should go first?

So, trying to repeat a "Minnesota Nice" gesture to him, I looked at him and waved him ahead. But, he did the same thing at the same time. Hmmm. So, I tried to Alpha-Male my gesture and force him to go first. He did the same. So, after the two simultaneous gestures, I just went for it and ordered my drink in a very awkward way.

If I had a touch of Larry David to me, this situation could've blown up with me melting down in public. I should've just tried it in real life to see what happened. But oh well.

Scenario 2 - tip coordination
After work, Steph and I met up with Linsdey Palmer at Chili's for happy hour. The three of us split the "3 for $20 for 2 people meal" which is supposed to be for two people, but it's an asinine amount of food for two. Even the three of us struggled to finish it. Although my friends Bill, Trevor and Sam would've been able to down it solo I'm sure. They would be ashamed of my eating ability in this situation.

But I digress. That's not the point here.

So the three of us split this meal for two and each had a pair of two-for-ones. Kind of a sticky bill.

No worries, the server decides to be kind and splits it 1/3 to Palmer and 2/3 to us.

Sweet.

While waiting for the bill, Palmer has the line of the night. We were talking about my horrible drinking habits, which include coffee all day, a soda on the way home to transition back to reality, and a beer or two at night.

So the ladies were giving me a hard time, and in the midst, Palmer begins educating me on water, "So I got one of those plastic refillable water bottles, that, well, I drink water out of ...." She wasn't done, but Steph and I burst out laughing. After we settled down from our outburst, Palmer says, I was going to finish, but now I won't, in a sort of funny/embarrassed way. We pressed her to finish, she kind of chuckled and said, "Well, I was just going to say that I drink water out of it..."

After the line of the night from Palmer, server comes back, Steph and Lindsey look at each other and without flinching, coordinate the tip together.

Clearly, tip coordination is not wrong, and should not be frowned upon. Larry David wins. In a recent episode of Curb, he tried to coordinate his tip with Jason Alexander (George) to no avail. The episode obviously used this as the main issue. Everyone on the episode agreed with Jason Alexander that tip coordination is wrong and no one's business but the individual tipper. Larry said if there are two bills, the tip should be coordinated for the same service - DUH!

Scenario 3 - plastic packaging
After Chili's, Steph and I went to Best Buy, so I could get the cables to hook my laptop up to our TV so I can watch the Golden Bears battle the Mustangs tonight on the gridiron. The cable came in one of those impossible to open plastic packages. I was trying to open this AFTER the poop incident ruined my night.

Frustration clearly ensued.

I pulled out a scissors, cut open a slice, tried to rip the slice. Nada.

Had to cut that package for like five minutes to get my stupid cable out.

After that, I opened the other cable (easier to open package, thankfully) - and the dork at Best Buy sold me the wrong F-ing cable. What a dick. Now I have to go back and get a new cable today.

Hey kid, the jerk store called, they're out of YOU!

To bring it all back to the first posting from Thursday night - I remembered to waste a buck on a new Powerball ticket. Wish me luck tonight at 9:59 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I laughed out loud several times while reading this! SO hilarious. I need to come over and use you for your Curb Your Enthusiam episodes. Keep the blog posts coming - it's a good activity to entertain yourself after Steph falls asleep.

    ReplyDelete