Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things I said I'd never do...

The fact that I have a blog sums up the title of this post. But I'm not starting it for any reason other than the fact that sometimes I just need to spill the thoughts out of my brain onto my keyboard. I'm not sure if anyone will ever read this, and it really doesn't matter, I just want to write!

I'm doing something else I said I'd never do, too. Playing the Powerball. I figure, what the hell, why not? If it's a buck or two a week and I have it in my wallet, I might as well. I don't spend money, anyway, so why not, right?!

That's sort of a contradiction, I know, because what would I do with millions of dollars? Probably spend it, in theory, but knowing me, I'd probably put it all away in as many different accounts as possible, pay off debt and make sure Steph drives a car that can actually run.

I'm too practical to win the lottery. But Steph isn't. She could spend it all for us, and that would probably be fun.

Usually the people who win the lottery are the antithesis of who the general public thinks should win. I guess my inability to spend money makes me one of those people.

So based on that, I am an ideal candidate to win the lottery, so I might as well play even though I always said I never would because the odds just don't support spending one dollar on it!

People always say they wouldn't change if they won the lottery. I think that's bullshit. My core principal's wouldn't change - at 27, I am who I am at this point. However, my life would change. I'd still work at my job, which is demanding and stressful - but it's my passion. And it gives me purpose. And with that kind of money, I could give a healthy donation to ensure that we are staffed accordingly to drop stress across the board! That would be the life...

Obviously, there are a lot of other things to do with lottery winnings, that's not the point of this post, so I apologize for getting off track. Part of the fun of playing the lottery is what you'd do if you won, and I'm all about the daydreaming.

So, please wish me luck this Saturday night at 9:59 p.m. - that is if I'm "lucky" enough to remember to waste $1 on a ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment